Wednesday, May 15, 2013

So This Is What I Have Been Eating


Friday (May 10) breakfast: Melon, Papaya, Garlic Malunggay Whole Wheat Bread. So good with Black Coffee. Had to stay awake. Had to finish daughter's crochet project (writing about this next) due at 2pm.



Lunchtime came, and for my 13yo and me to get to the birthday meeting place on time and not run out of "coding window time," I had to hurriedly eat this wonderful Veggie Sauce Spaghetti by Tatay.  Has tomatoes, olives, onions, mushrooms and zucchini.  I think I will marry this man again and again, even if he doesn't ask me to.

 

My 3yo got stuck with me in Eastwood as we took 13yo to meet her friends.  So from 3 to 7pm, I drank Peppermint Tea at Coffee Bean, and had some Mrs. May's Pumpkin Crunch at Starbucks while 3yo drank some Silk Soy Milk. There was no regular flavor available then, so we had to settle for the Vanilla kind.  But it was too sweet for this vegan baby. =( I was getting famished but tonight was Growth Group night and we were having a surprise birthday celebration for one of the mommies. I tried to control myself.

Growth Group dinner was a feast and the healthy Spinach-Tofu-Mushroom Fried Dumpling we brought (as invented by Tatay and executed by my 18yo son) was probably the only vegan choice. But I indulged in the many other treats. No pictures just truths. Calamares, Pancit Palabok (scraping off all the delectable meat and egg in there, as if it can be totally done away with), Balao-balao (Burong Hipon or Fermented Rice and Shrimps) with Mustasa (Mustard Leaves) and Eggplant, and shared a Banapple Mushroom Cheese Empanada with husband. Black Coffee can't stand the loneliness so a scoop of Kesong Puti Ice Cream (my first time to taste this!) and a little of the birthday girl's favorite Mocha Cake had to join in.  I tried, believe me, not to feel guilty.  I was full.  And the fellowship, meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment