Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Lullaby for My Slumber Party

Sang for this TV ad. My first time to sing like a mom. I usually just did singing voices of teens or kids.

It was a simple, beautiful melody but I had to do many takes. I had to stop feeling the song and getting emotional. I also had to get rid of my vibrato. The mom's voice had to be straight-toned. Not professional sounding, but in tune.


The ad reminded me of a book I read to my 4 kids. My voice would always crack while I read it. 


LoveYouForever.png

My mom never sang me a lullaby but she said she read a lot to me when I was small. I don't have memories of that, but just the thought that she took the time to read me a story is heart-warming. 

There are things my parents did not do for me, but I'm not complaining. I think I turned out fine. By God's grace. But just because my folks did not parent me in a certain way doesn't mean I would do the same to my own kids. 

I have sung them lullabies since they were inside me, and I sang my Papa to sleep while he was in the hospital. I was actually surprised when he requested it!

Someday, I hope to sing to Mama too. My restless, tireless, always-on-the-go mom. Just so she knows she can sleep sweet and accomplish much, nevertheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment